McKee Family

McKee Family
Habakkuk 2:3 "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay."

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Waiting...

This "adoption blog" has turned into an "all about me" blog since I have had so very little to blog about concerning our adoption. I hope you don't mind. I used to keep an extra one for all of our personal happenings, but I figured why bother with all of that.

I really wish I had more to post about our adoption. Not much of anything is happening right now. I'm getting ready to call Mallory (our SW @ Lifeline) to see if she was able to expedite our process. I'm not looking for special treatment or anything. We have waited longer than most and we just want to get Ashlyn home before she turns 14. We have missed out on so much of her life already. We want to get to her asap so that we don't lose anymore moments with her.

I do feel somewhat "guilty" and "responsible" for the fact that we have waited so long. Backing out and starting over has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't change that at all. It took me so long to complete the homestudy process. Many days I was just too overwhelmed to face it and so it sat on my dining room table until I could summon up the energy to get moving again. Our homestudy agency situation wasn't ideal either. Sweet lady, but not exactly on top of things like we needed. Have you ever tried to complete a project without having all the pieces? That's what putting together a homestudy was like for me. And with a busy family life and my husbands crazy workschedule, it was all on me. Have I mentioned that I am not at all organized in the administrative area? Sometimes I feel like there is a large chunk of my brain missing. Seriously. I am not joking. I just do not understand things like I feel I should.

It is what it is, right? Can't go back and undo it. I'm sure I'm not alone. I just wonder how so many people seem to plow through it all so quickly while having many children under foot. Hopefully the next time around won't be so tough.

Yes, I did say "the next time around."

It's a good thing I am married to a very sensible man or one DS cutie pie from China named Delaney might be on her way to an "A" name too! Check her out at www.reecesrainbow.org. Oh my goodness! She is just too precious!

Isn't she adorable!!! If only I could somehow coerce Matt. Any ideas???


...First things first...


Blessings,
Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. She looks like an Abby! And my suggestion is that he speaks to my hubby who did not want to adopt a child with DS for years. Now that we have Gracie home, he tells me at least once a week, "Let's get a double scoop of Gracie!" He would adopt another one with DS in a heart beat!!!

    Gracie has rocked our lives!! We ADORE her!!!

    Seriously contact me and we can talk or hubby can get in touch with mine if he is open to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from my bloggy friends, so comment away and I'll visit your blog too! However, if you're just lurking anonymously and leaving snarky remarks, this isn't the blog for you. My heart is always to reflect the love of Jesus and be a source of encouragement to others. If anything you read here gives you a check in your spirit, please feel free to lovingly disagree with me in grace:)