These are my sentiments exactly. The Lord spoke to me while I was watching that episode of Oprah 7 years ago... Ya know, the one with Lisa Ling and the "Dying Rooms" documentary about the precious Mei Ming? He said, "Rebecca, these are someone's children. And if not someone's, they are mine and I love them. Now, what are you going to do about it?" My eyes were opened. I've never been the same. I've never forgotten Mei Ming's face and her raspy moans for help and her sunken eyes and the cloth that was draped over her as she lie alone on that slab of concrete. When I rock my babies to sleep, change them into a clean diaper, give them a bath, feed them, read to them, pray over them, HUG AND KISS ALL OVER THEM, I think of her and the millions of others just like her and I pray, "Lord, make this love big enough to reach out to the orphans all over this world tonight. Let them feel this kind of love right now. Hover over them, may your Spirit give them comfort, rest, peace..." I can not think of anything else today. Can you?
Deep in prayer today,
Rebecca
This video was a huge confirmation for us in this latest adoption journey. We had been feeling God's nudge & we had even committed to our little girl, but all the earthly doubts & questions brought about fear. Then we saw this, & we haven't looked back.
ReplyDelete