We just received an email from our agency saying that Ashlyn knows she is being adopted by an American family. The update says that she is excited, but a little scared. Her speech is a little unclear due to her cleft palate repair. She is 4.5 ft. tall and weighs 73 lbs. She's tiny! She falls right in between Alex and Ansley and she is 3 months older than Alex. She is an outgoing girl who likes to paint and watch TV.
It did not say whether or not they gave her our letter and gifts. Matt thinks that means that they probably didn't, since it just states that she knows she is being adopted by an American family. We were told that it would be up to the individual orphanage, whether or not they would give her her gifts and the letter. Sometimes they wait until right before the child goes to meet their family. This is for several reasons. I will go on our orphanage yahoo group later and inquire of their experiences...
As far as Ashlyn's reaction... Just as I suspected. I can't imagine what must be going through her mind. Poor girl. Please keep her in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love feedback from my bloggy friends, so comment away and I'll visit your blog too! However, if you're just lurking anonymously and leaving snarky remarks, this isn't the blog for you. My heart is always to reflect the love of Jesus and be a source of encouragement to others. If anything you read here gives you a check in your spirit, please feel free to lovingly disagree with me in grace:)