I took one that was about finding your purpose.
I can't remember much about the class except that it was really informative and I walked away feeling very enlightened and empowered.
The gal leading this session handed out worksheets that looked like this:
Igniting Joy
Imparting Wisdom
Nurturing Belief
Bringing Light
Discerning Direction
Stirring Bravery
Liberating Greatness
Affirming Goodness
Creating Imprints
Living Vision
Awakening Dreams
Cultivating Growth
Scouting Passages
Redeeming Work
Unearthing Treasure
Inspiring Hope
Provoking Peace
Expanding Territory
Embracing Grace
Sparking Dignity
Revealing Passion
Affirming Significance
Awakening Worth
Connecting Meaning
Celebrating Life
Opening Windows
Being True
Revealing Purpose
Spotlighting Truth
Instilling Courage
Lighting The Way
Setting Free
In the end, I decided that I would exist to serve by "Bringing Light".
If I had to take it over again today, I am pretty sure my purpose statement would stay the same.
Some of my other favorites are: Imparting Wisdom, Discerning Direction, Inspiring Hope, Affirming Significance, & Spotlighting Truth.
This blog is one small way that I enjoy "Bringing Light" into a dark world. My life is small and simple and maybe even dull to someone pursuing the "American Dream", but it is a life full of a longing and a passion to stay on the straight & narrow path that leads to freedom and peace and joy and all things pertaining to godliness.
Every day I see brokenness around me. Sometimes even in my own home... ALOT of the time, even in my own home. But the brokenness we experience here in our home is the working out of our salvation with fear and trembling; clinging to the hope we have in Jesus when the moments get hectic and messy.
Our lives are so full of goodness and joy, but we also get really weary of the little battles we are up against on almost a daily basis right now.
And I am guessing you're no stranger to those battles either.
One word that haunts me daily...
PERFECTION.
I desire it.
That is, my flesh desires it.
I long for my days to be smooth sailing, with the sun shining and the wind at my back.
I long for my children to whistle happy tunes of peace, obedience, & love for one another all day long.
But this isn't my reality.
And I'm guessing it isn't yours either:)
Some may think I share too much here... too many personal details...
But I refuse to (only) plaster my blog with airbrushed pictures and candy-coated captions.
Sometimes I may post really pretty stuff and sometimes I might not.
My children do not always respect me. They do not always obey me the first time. They do not always get along. They do not (usually) wear matching clothes to church, or sit nice and tidy next to us in the pew on Sunday mornings.
I will continue to be open and honest here because I want to impart hope and bring light, that even in the midst of my imperfections, God is at work! And not because of anything I have gained by striving to reach my unrealsistic goals of perfection on my own, but just because He is good!
We need to know we are not alone in the struggles of life.
The enemy does his best work when he can isolate us from each other... from the truth... from the "Light".
I hope my little blog gives you hope...
...Hope, humility, and courage to be honest with yourself, with others, and with the Lord.
"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up." ~James 4:10
What is your personal purpose statement?
Blessings,
Rebecca
Beautiful, Rebecca. Thanks for talking with me yesterday!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, this is awesome Rebecca! I will have to go through the list again and really think about it. LOVE creating imprints and igniting joy! WOW! Funny how I hear so much of myself in your posts:)
ReplyDeleteI love this post! Especially your honesty!! :)
ReplyDeleteOutstanding Rebecca - brilliant post - because IMHO that's what blogs should be about - life.
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.
beautiful post, Rebecca! Thank you.
ReplyDelete