Anyhow, there has been a "thickness" in the air these past few weeks. So many friends are struggling with their adopted children. All I hear is how hard it is. I am a mental planner.I like to play senarios out in my mind and work them out. Like, how would I handle this and that should it arise. What if it's SO much harder than I've anticipated? But then there's also the possibility that it'll be better than I could've ever hoped for. I've even thought, with how much I've been mentally torturing myself, maybe (hopefully) it won't be as bad as I've braced myself for. Maybe this is the hardest part. probably not, I know. But just maybe...
I can't even begin to tell you how many conversations I've had with the Lord regarding these adoptions. I've never been more nervous about anything in my life. At the same time, I am ready and excited and I am trusting that His promise to never leave me is true.
On Tuesday, Linny at "A Place Called Simplicity" is leading a day of prayer and fasting. I'll be there!
Would you join me?
If you have been following our journey, would you consider taking this day to fast and pray for us? I will be praying for other things as well, so if you have any requests, please do share them and I will pray for you too.
My specific requests...
PEACE.
*Peace in my heart.
*Peace in my home.
*Peace in Ashlyn's heart, for all the change that's coming her way. That she will like us immediately and feel safe and loved and SPECIAL & CHOSEN.
*Peace in Abby's heart; that she will trust us and not be afraid of us.
*Peace for Matt, who is feeling the financial pressure BIG TIME.
*Peace for Alex, to trust us as his authority.
*Peace for Ansley to not take it personal if Ashlyn doesn't jump right into being her BFF.
*Peace for Aidan to not feel misplaced or left out while we go to China without him & Av.
*Peace for Averleigh as she meets her newest siblings; that she will not feel threatened by them in any way. That she will be ok sharing me.
*Peace in our marriage as we get ready for the biggest adventure of our lives; that we would be unified in all we do. That nothing would come between us.
I'm in the book of Isaiah right now. I have been somewhat confused, yes, but also encouraged by all that is in this great prophetic book.
"For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but my LOVINGKINDNESS will not be removed from you, and my COVENANT of PEACE will not be shaken, says the Lord who has compassion on you."
Isaiah 54:10
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Since you are precious in my sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life. Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east and gather you from the west..."
Isaiah 43:1:5
"For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'"
Isaiah 41:13
AND MY VERY FAVORITE:
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is unscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths become weary and tired and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:28-31
Last, but not least...
Some of the gals from our agency (Lifeline) are in China right now with medical teams. Would you believe that out of ALL the orphanages in China, one of them went to Ashlyn's orphanage?! She was only able to meet with her briefly because Ashlyn was in school most of the day, but she did talk to her and get some pictures. She also passed on an email to the orphanage with a letter from us to Ashlyn and newer pictures. She was hoping to get some video of her too, but I don't think she did. I'm just waiting on her to email them to me and then I'll post them:)
God is so good.
| My newest little nephew: Liam James I LOVE BABIES!!! |
| Born September 13, 2012 |
Blessings,
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love feedback from my bloggy friends, so comment away and I'll visit your blog too! However, if you're just lurking anonymously and leaving snarky remarks, this isn't the blog for you. My heart is always to reflect the love of Jesus and be a source of encouragement to others. If anything you read here gives you a check in your spirit, please feel free to lovingly disagree with me in grace:)