McKee Family

McKee Family
Habakkuk 2:3 "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay."

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sailing...

While I was grocery shopping last week... all alone I must add... the overhead was softly playing a song that I hadn't heard in a very long time. It instantly triggered a tender place in my heart. Isn't it crazy how smells and sounds can do that?
I found myself becoming quite emotional and there was nowhere to go to get away from the music. So up and down the isles I went trying to hold back the tears until the song was over.
I have mentioned many times that music has always been a big part of my life. Thanks to my dad. And one of his favorites when I was very young was "Sailing" by Christopher Cross. Which of course, was also one of mine too. Because I loved all the music my dad loved. We used to lay on the family room floor at night and listen to the Bee Gee's. I loved those times.
I can also remember our many drives from Michigan to Florida as a small child with all of his favorites crooning us along the highway for hours and hours...
The year that "Sailing" was on the top ten charts we were vacationing in Orlando and it must've come on the radio a dozen times that week. I can still close my eyes and imagine myself in the back seat of that Monte Carlo, driving at night from the shopping center at Downtown Disney (which used to be called Lake Buena Vista) to our "luxury condo" off the Orango Blossom Trail. (If you are familiar with Orlando you will appreciate that bit of humor).

Anyhow, when I was 9 we moved to Tennessee and the drive to Disney became much shorter. Orlando was our family's favorite vacation spot. We would drive around town dreaming about moving here. I even remember thinking, weird as it is, "Could my future husband be here?"

Long story short, my dad was given the opportunity to take a job transfer to Orlando when I was a senior in high school and he took it. We were thrilled to say the least.

That was in 1994.

3 years ago, after a long loveless marriage of 40 years, my parents divorced. They both moved back to Michigan for different reasons. His job here had ended and his knew job was up there. My grandma was dying and my mom moved back up there to be with her.

SO much has changed. So many things that I once knew to be true are not at all anymore.

Still, one thing remains.

Jesus.

He's always been there.

My relationship with Him is mine. It's between me and Him and no one or any circumstance could ever change what I have with Him. He is near to the broken hearted.

I did not go through the typical grieving process that most do. It still hasn't come for me. I don't know why. But hearing that song...

How I wish that we could've changed their minds. We sure tried our very hardest.



People and circumstances may fail us, but God is good. All the time. And as Erwin Lutzer said, "Only with Jesus can joy and suffering coexist."

Praising Him today,
Rebecca


1 comment:

  1. Wow - there was a lot in there - but I'm moved to observe that all the memories you related are good ones - and for that find the Blessing! And know that one day, well...things will be 'right'!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from my bloggy friends, so comment away and I'll visit your blog too! However, if you're just lurking anonymously and leaving snarky remarks, this isn't the blog for you. My heart is always to reflect the love of Jesus and be a source of encouragement to others. If anything you read here gives you a check in your spirit, please feel free to lovingly disagree with me in grace:)