Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Impatience
I have been all stirred up lately. I am humbled that God has answered my prayers to adopt this child who I just know has the sweetest face I've ever seen in my life. If she's a little stinker, we'll know that the saying, "it's a good thing she's cute" is for real. I think I am in over my head pretty good this week. We have had a great response to our garage sale. I'm not surprised. We know some of the most amazingly generous people in the world. I have a lot to work on tomorrow. I have a feeling that we will get most of the contributions on Friday and we also have our last home study visit Friday afternoon. Please pray for my nerves. I'm a bit frazzled. Matt is slammed with work and I'm still trying to get adjusted to 1 more child in school this year and 2 new activities. We had to nix AWANA tonight, sad as it is. It's such a great thing, but we just can't do every great thing. We HAVE to have time at home as a family. I am definitely homeschooling Ashlyn; maybe forever. I am thinking that if I can get all of her doctor's appointments, therapy sessions, and such done during the day while the kids are in school, we might not go totally insane. I had a great phone call today from a lady in the area who has a 12-year-old boy adopted from China 2 years ago. She leads a group at FBC/Orlando who are going through the book, "The Connected Child". I hear it's a great book. We have to read it per our agency requirements. Matt and I can't take the class, but I asked her if we could take her and her husband out to dinner to pick their brains. :) She was kind enough to accept. I just love how God brings people into your life who can pour into you like that. I don't know where I'd be without my friend Shelia. She has 14-year-old Olivia, who has been home from China since December. They have been the greatest gift to us. She has taught me so much. I'm so thankful for Olivia and I can't wait because she's coming home from school with my kids on Friday! We LOVE Olivia. She makes us feel closer to Ashlyn as silly as that sounds. I will give an update next week on our garage sale. Thanks for the prayers!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love feedback from my bloggy friends, so comment away and I'll visit your blog too! However, if you're just lurking anonymously and leaving snarky remarks, this isn't the blog for you. My heart is always to reflect the love of Jesus and be a source of encouragement to others. If anything you read here gives you a check in your spirit, please feel free to lovingly disagree with me in grace:)