McKee Family

McKee Family
Habakkuk 2:3 "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay."

Saturday, December 8, 2012

We Are Here!

The flight was fine... Slept almost half the way on the long flight from Atlanta to Korea...

Guangzhou is busy... Not like I expected really.

We decided to take a walk on the wild side and have Subway for dinner;)

After almost getting killed by several crazy Chinese drivers, we walked back to the hotel, walked around for a bit, and are back up in our room, ready to crawl into our concrete beds and call it a day... And it's only 7:30 PM.

Tomorrow (Sunday) we are on our own. We have a meeting at noon on Monday with our guide and then we head over to civil affairs to get Abby at 2:00PM.

We are SO excited to meet her!!!

On Tuesday we fly to Chongqing to get Ashlyn, hang out there for a few days, and then fly back to GZ until the 22nd.

I am missing my sweet babies from home, but we skyped with them earlier and they are doing great.

It's so weird to be here. Maybe I'm just tired, but I'm already homesick. I know one things for sure, this is a great awakening for Alex and Ansley. For me too. I am so thankful to be an American!!!

I'll post pix tomorrow.

Good Night!

~Rebecca & Family

12 comments:

  1. YAY!! Can't believe you are finally there! I will be following along on the blog...post pics when you can. May the Lord bless you and your sweet girls during this exciting but difficult time. These are days you will never forget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it without problems. It is a big change from home, isn't it? Hope you have a great rest of the weekend exploring...and prayers for all to go well on Monday. Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see your updates here and on FB. You guys are constantly on my mind so I am continually praying for you. I am so excited for you guys and cannot wait to see pics of you and the girls!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! I can hardly wait to read your updates as you meet your daughters. Blessings!

    --Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that the flight went well! I was praying for you in the middle of the night here (I couldn't sleep). Can't wait until you meet your girls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to following the rest of your journey!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are so amazing! Thanks for the prayers and well- wishes!!!
    Love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. PRAYING! I forgot to warn you about the crazy drivers. Thad always mentions how he barely made it to the airport alive. (sigh) Can't wait to hear more - praying for a smooth amazing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and p.s. -- Thad's trip was cancelled, so he's not over there.

    and I just love that you're blogging from China to keep us all updated! I LOVE SOCIAL MEDIA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so exciting that I can barely stand it. Praying for you all to be well-rested and for everything to go smoothly. Can't wait to hear more and especially can't wait to meet them soon. <3 Love, Melissa Bickerstaff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lord for getting this family to China safely. Please open Abby and Ashlyn's hearts to You and their new family. Fill them with Your love and joy. Look and see what beauty You have created for this new family of eight! We stand in awe of Your great Work. Please continue to protect, guard and guide their China journey. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy and embrace China! you'll miss it after your home awhile because now you'll forever connected

    The San Filippo's

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from my bloggy friends, so comment away and I'll visit your blog too! However, if you're just lurking anonymously and leaving snarky remarks, this isn't the blog for you. My heart is always to reflect the love of Jesus and be a source of encouragement to others. If anything you read here gives you a check in your spirit, please feel free to lovingly disagree with me in grace:)