The highlight of our weekend though, was meeting the Halloran family in person. In case you don't know who they are, I'll tell you:) Veronica (the mom) is the adoptive mother to Basha, who just so happens to be Abby's foster sister. When Scott and Veronica adopted Basha and Shiana a year ago, Basha came home asking them to adopt a little girl in her foster home. Veronica told her they couldn't afford to do that, but that they'd pray for the little girl to find a home. 4 months later we saw Abby on Reeces Rainbow, decided to move forward to adopt her, and joined the Shenzhen Yahoo group. The next day I got an email from a lady (Veronica) who happened to be a member of the yahoo group. She wanted to know if I could email her a picture of Abby to see if it was the little girl they'd been praying for. Sure enough it was! She sent me her phone number, I called her immediately, and we became instant family. Veronica is one of those people that you meet for the first time and feel like you've known her your entire life. She's a sweetheart and a Jesus lover and a kindred spirit for sure. She sent me gobs of pictures of pictures of Abby and Basha with their foster family and was able to offer a bit of insight to their lives in China. She also told me that they would be making a trip to Disney World and would love meet us. How amazing is that?! I tell you, there are NO coincidences when it comes to the mountains God moves and blessings He provides through adoption.
| Abby is in the pink jacket and Basha is in the orange. |
So last week was their week at Disney and they came to hang out with us Saturday night and all day Sunday. On Saturday evening, when the doorbell rang, I was in the kitchen with Abby. Someone let the Halloran's in and they were all hovering in the foyer. I walked Abby over to them and she immediately went to Basha with her arms up. I wish I'd have taken a video... It was precious. Basha was all smiles and Abby seemed to recognize her. It was precious. Of course Veronica & I were both choking back the tears as we watched these precious sisters have their moment. It was priceless.
Our God is just so very, very good!!!
| Abby & Basha... Together Again |
| Me & Veronica |
| The whole gang: Our six and their four:) |
Oh the pains these children have had to endure... And how they have overcome so much...
But our God is so very good. He gives His children such wonderful gifts.
We will forever be grateful for this precious family. I know Scott & Veronica would never admit this, but they are 2 of the most generous people we've ever met. In a time a of their own great financial need they sowed seed into our adoption fund. I'll not anger them by announcing how much, but it was a radical sacrifice.
We love you Hallorans!!!
Can't wait for summer!!!
XO,
Rebecca


How neat for the girls! And for you guys!
ReplyDeleteDon't you love when God orchestrates things so beyond what we would ever think to even pray for?! Like you guys getting such a precious friendship stemming out of your kids being fostered together! So neat!
God does, indeed, move mountains! Couldn't be any happier for you guys - just a little "snoopy dance"!
ReplyDeletehugs - love seeing family "grow" - by leaps and bounds!
aus and co.
how we miss you already. we've only said goodbye 50 hours ago, but it seems a lifetime ago. thank you for sharing your home and family with ours. i love how adoption is not only of children, but of entire families too. Praise our precious Lord for His perfectly woven plans. counting the days until summer when we can hug again. love,
ReplyDeleteveronica and company